Sunday, June 1, 2008

Quietness, Sunshine, Friends, and the INFP

I am about to head out to a park with my best introverted friend (a delightful INTP), and our plan is to sit out in the sunshine, on an old blanket, and read and journal and just think through our life and goals and plans, and maybe even contemplate on some guy problems that need sorting out. We've already said we won't talk to each other much.

How funny are we? We PLAN to not talk. But we'll be together. We are being together, alone. Or is it alone, together? Whatever way you look at it, this is the reason why we are such great friends. We thought about inviting some of other friends along, perhaps for some Frisbee in the park, but we decided against it. "I don't want to have to entertain anybody," I said.

She laughed. "I know! Let's just keep it the two of us when we go."

I was cool with that. I like the quiet. I like the thoughtfulness that comes over me when I'm out in nature. I like having somebody next to me, equally lost in thought, so I'm not alone, but I'm not pressured to perform.

No comments: